In the absence of our regular charity events Lymm Duck Race, Beer Fest and Fireworks Night, we’ve decided to get on our bikes, or trainers, and get exercising. We’re aiming to run/ride the equivalent of Land’s End to John O’Groats on Sunday December 13th between sunrise and sunset. That’s 874 miles according to Wikipedia!
One of our members sadly passed away recently and we’ll will be donating funds raised towards Bowel Research UK, and Warrington Food Bank.
– If you’d like to sponsor the event in any way please email email@example.com
– If you’d like to donate to the event, you can do so on our JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/874-miles-sunrise-sunset
The Lymm and District Round Table is one of the most buoyant in the country with a large and
enthusiastic membership and they’re hoping to bring back the popular Duck Race, Beer Festival and Fireworks for 2021 if COVID restrictions permit.
– Target distance is 874 miles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land%27s_End_to_John_o%27_Groats)
– Following triathlon effort ratios we have assumed that running (or walking) a single mile will be the equivalent of 4 miles cycling.
– The challenge will be subject to all local COVID restrictions at the time
– Those who cannot ride or run may walk